December 3, 2020
Dear Trinity UMC Family and Friends,
Last evening our Trinity Administrative Council met and discussed the usual required reports and updates. Of major importance the Council discussed Bishop Bickerton’s recent letter and recommendation to consider how we will agree to proceed as the Covid concerns increase. All factors were considered, and in short, the Council voted to suspend all worship from within the church sanctuary until the end of February, 2021. This decision was made after prayer and serious discussion. The bottom line was the desire to keep all people safe.
Please know that worship will continue ONLINE via ZOOM at 10:15 every Sunday--- as we have been doing since March. We will do our best to stay connected through well coordinated online services, phone calls, and other means of communication.
To be clear:
1. The sanctuary will not be open for any worship events.
2. ALL special worship experiences, including the upcoming Blue Christmasservice on Dec. 16th and Christmas Eve on Dec. 24th will be by ZOOM.
3. Presently functioning events in the fellowship hall will be able to continue as long as the strict cleaning guidelines, social distancing and mask wearing are followed as well as the keeping of accurate attendance at each gathering.
4. All our ministries,such as the Food Pantry, will continue following all guidelines. All outreach efforts, such as Christmas Shoeboxes, will be shared during the online service and emails.
5. Present online studies, prayer, and praise events will continue online.
6. We ALL look forward to returning to the sanctuary as soon as it is safe. Once we return, we will also continue the ZOOM from the live service for those who are at a distance or unable to join in person.
Please keep each other in prayer for health, strength, and the peace that will only come from Jesus in the coming days and months.
Let us focus on the HOPE of Advent and the JOY of Christmas.
Let us be one in Christ’s love,
In these unprecedented times, the impact of our church has become more important even as gatherings in our facilities have decreased. Hungry people are being fed, and the most vulnerable are receiving care and encouragement. During these difficult times we continue to pay all church employees and our regular expenses, so we need everyone's continued contributions. You can help in any of these ways:
1. Mail your donations to the church at 6 S. Cross Rd, LaGrangeville, NY 12540.
2. Initiate one-time or automatic payments via bill-pay or ACH transfer through your bank or credit union.
3. Donate online to the church, the food pantry, and/or the LaGrangeville Cemetery via credit/debit card or ACH from your bank or credit union account by clicking on the FIND OUT MORE button.
Don’t hesitate to contact Craig Grant at 845-223-5489 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or for assistance.
Book Study invitation from the Poughquaq UMC
All are invited to attend the soon to begin book study on Anxious to Talk About It: Helping White Christians Talk Faithfully about Racism, by Carolyn B. Helsel.
You are invited to preview the book by going to Youtube.com, enter the name of the book in the search bar at the top of the webpage, and click on the icon of the author.
Pastor Kathi Meyerson and Jackie White will lead the ZOOM conversations -held weekly- starting THIS Sunday, 1/10 @ 1:30-3:00p.m., through Sunday, 2/21. Their parish has underwritten the cost of the book.
Please read the Introduction and Chapter 1 for the first class. The class size will be limited to 12 students.
Please contact Jackie White @email@example.com 223-6706 or Pastor Kathi @firstname.lastname@example.org 914-299-4742 with your questions. Call the Poughquag UMC office at 845-724-3912 to confirm your participation in this important church program.
Adult and Youth Bible Studies
Please join us as TUMC offers weekly Adult Bible Studies via Zoom on Tuesday evenings at 7pm and Youth Bible Studies via Zoom on Sunday evening at 6:30 p.m. Please contact Clay Beattie at 223-5584 or Patsy Boisvert at 298-0454 for the Adult Bible Study. All you need is a phone line to participate.
Experience a bit of Sunday Worship during the week
Wednesday nights, from 7:00 to 7:30 p.m. Patsy Boisvert and Clay Beattie will be leading a weekly prayer and praise service. Please contact Clay Beattie at 223-5584 or Patsy Boisvert at 298-0454. All you need is a phone line to participate.
Super Sunday School
TUMC Super Sunday School (virtual Sunday School) is held on Sundays from 7:00 p.m. to 7:45 p.m. This is a creative, lively, awesome, and youthful time where the kids will learn how amazing our God really is. Please contact Clay Beattie at 223-5584 if you want to participate.
The Piecemakers will be following guidelines and not meeting in person. We have started to email our members to show all of them what we’re working on to keep in touch and busy in our quilt rooms. We are meeting at our regular meeting times except on Zoom. You can call Donna Turner at 227-3514 or Debbie Beattie at 223-5584 for more information.
Yoga Schedule: Beginner/All Levels "Align & Refine" RajaHatha Yoga
Tuesday Class 5:30 - 6:45 PM
Thursday Class 6:00 - 7:15 PM
Saturday Class 9:00 - 10:15 AM
*please try to arrive 10 minutes prior to start of class
*class cost: $5 (20% donated to church)
FYI - Every last Thursday of the month is Trinity's Food Pantry, so no yoga on that day.
TUMC Food Pantry
Bagging: Tuesday, January 26, 10am
Distribution: Thursday, January 28, 6-8pm
Typically we need 9-10 volunteers to bag food. Please wear a mask if you can help, and contact Marcia at 845-223-5489 to volunteer. If you have been asked to help at the distribution, arrive by 5:15 pm to help with last minute set-up. We are starting the distribution a bit earlier at 6 p.m. since we have fewer volunteers.
Paper Bags with Handles Needed
Copyright © 2021 Trinity UMC of LaGrangeville - All Rights Reserved.